effiejones

Thing 2: Microblogging

May 22nd, 2012 by summer and fun things · 1 Comment

My twitter user name if Effie Jones, and I have had the account for a few months. I follow a few of my freinds and some businesses that Im interested in. Its always good to see whats going on. Some of the topics that were trending tonight were pretty interesting: 100thingstodobeforeidie, Bestnightever, and glee finale. The tweets about 100 things to do before I die were pretty funny. Then I search Canada. I found out :

UberFacts@UberFacts

It is free to walk from the U.S. border into Canada, but it costs 50 cents to walk back into the U.S

Lol oh Canada…..

I search Redbull next and found some awesome quotes. my favorite was:

Red BullRed Bull@redbull

Go forth, and be a force of the awesome.

Then I clicked the # discover link. It showed a bunch of top stories right now. I found out that in the 2012 london olymipics Zara Phillips will be carrying the tourch with her horse toytown. I read an article about falcons. I found out that falcons are missing some genes regarding their immune system.  Next I expore the @ Connect and found all my past conversations.

Zara Phillips and the olympic tourch: http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/olympics2012/7630/312690.html

Falcons immune system: http://content.usatoday.com/communities/sciencefair/post/2012/05/falcons-pose-evolution-puzzle/1

Finally Micro blogging is definitally a cool way to keep up with everything and everyone. I think it has become a major source of information in everyday life. I never relized that microblogging was things like twitter!

On a side note : I think I would like to do a presentation on the influence of the internet on our knowlage base of forign countries. In particular I think that increased usage of the interent thoughout the world will lead to a better understanding of other cultures.

Tags: CPSC 104

1 response so far ↓

• oirakoze19 // May 23rd 2012 at 12:33 am

Wow. So I went to the link about Falcons to further read about their missing disease-fighting genes and was pretty shocked. It just amazes me that you found this out on twitter and then I looked at the information which led me to show my roomate. This is just a network on how information just spreads around and it all started from twitter wow. I didnt know twitter was a form of microblogging either so don’t feel bad. I think that you should totally do your research on the influence of the internet on foreign countries. The more people look up information and have a passion or knowledge of the state of that country then it will determine the actions that other countries take in helping them. Do they just take the knowledge in or actually do something about it. I would love hear about it in class. By the way, the 100thingstodobeforeidie is pretty neat!